This one year Diploma course is designed to transform your life. This course is meant for the people who like to become an Airhostess/Flight Attendant. Many young people opt for cabin crew as a full-fledged career prospect because of the high salaries, exciting experience of flying and interacting with different kinds of people on board and visiting several countries. This profession requires lot of hard work, commitment, smartness and total dedication.
The job entails performing safety and service duties which ensure that air travellers are flying in a safe environment, whilst receiving excellent standards of friendly service. Life is always varied when you work as cabin crew. Your training in communication, team work, first aid, personality development and customer care skills will also be helpful and can also be transferred to other areas of your life. The Course at TIEA prepares you to handle the toughest moments in airlines selection.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, a student will be able to:
- Use the skills acquired at the institute in the airline industry.
- Work with domestic, regional and finally international airlines
- Work in (1 star to 5 star) hotels
- Handle passengers in the plane and understand the dynamics of the airport staff
- Able to work in: Airlines, Hotels, Cruise Ships, Tour & Travel Companies, Cargo Agency
- Airline Industry: It is a career where your skills will be in high demand. As Air hostess, flight steward, traffic assistant, ticketing / reservation staff, Customer service agent, Sales / marketing staff, Airline call centres etc.
- Hotel: Front office staff, F&B Executive, Housekeeping executive, customer care executives etc.
- Cruise Ships: As steward / stewardess, Customer service Executive, F&B Coordinator, etc.
- Travel agency: As counter staff, tour Coordinator, travel consultant, reservation staff, etc.
- Cargo Agency: In administration, sales, space booking, etc.
This Diploma Course in Cabin Crew Services & Hospitality Management is a 2 years program divided as follows: 3 Semesters of class and the 4th Semester you fly to South Africa or Addis Ababa for your practicals at South African Airlines facilities or Ethiopian Airlines facilities. The Semester takes up to 12-14 weeks, and 4 weeks of holiday. Upon the completion of your practicals, you are awarded with a Flight Attendants' license. In addition to this, our new partnership with AMADEUS East Africa will expose you to AMADEUS Reservation training Program known as Global Distribution System (GDS), which will equip you with skills to work as a Travel Consultant with any Airline and Travel Agency in the world. You will be awarded with an AMADEUS Certificate. By the time you graduate at Tourism Institute of East Africa, you will have acquired skills in Aviation, Travel, Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure and you will have the following certificates: Diploma in Cabin Crew Services & Hospitality Management, Flight Attendants License, Certificate from AMADEUS. The Skills you have will be backed up by the qualifications listed above. We do our best, to prepare Human Resources for the Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Time runs real fast, by the time the 3 semesters elapse at TIEA, you would be shocked that you did not know many people at campus because we have lots and lots of activities for students that time passes by without noticing it.