Tourism Institute of East Africa is an institution of higher education aimed at meeting the changing needs of the Hospitality and Tourism Industry in the country and the region. We are convinced that one of our major missions and responsibility is to furnish the Tourism, Travel & Hospitality Sectors with professional personnel who can guarantee an excellent standard of products and services.
The skill gaps in the Tourism, Travel & Hospitality industry is so big that the institute exists to bridge that gap with professionals who have been equipped with relevant skills to meet the demands in the sector.
Developing people through quality learning to achieve excellence in tourism
Through its innovative high quality lifelong learning academic programs the Tourism Institute of East Africa develops people for tomorrow’s tourism industry.
Our Corporate Identity
High Training Standards
We are committed to providing a high standard of training.
Quality Training Courses
We provide quality courses that are recognized and relevant to the changing needs of the industry.
Work-Applied Learning (WAL)
Our Traditional education system confines students in classrooms. Armed with theories of management, graduates then enter the world of work with no practical skills whatsoever. It is not always a happy transition. New employees soon find that reality looks rather different from what they had been led to expect, while employers often complain that graduates are ill-equipped for the work in hand.
At TIEA, Work-Applied Learning (WAL) is designed to bridge the gap. Instead of treating learning and working as separate pursuits, WAL brings them together. Theory and practice go hand in hand. With WAL, assignments undertaken for a qualification should test knowledge about both realms. Students are encouraged to tackle ‘real world’ problems. This kind of environment offers the best of both worlds. And it is certainly not a passive process. Students should know more about their own workplace than anyone else in their learning situation.
These are all good reasons why WAL is worth knowing. TIEA will not only introduce you to this approach but will set you well on the way to becoming a more effective skilled worker. This is business education at its best.
The values behind our vision are to:
• Provide a student oriented style of curriculum which promotes creativity, innovation, participation, self reflection, and personal independence.
• Develop specialized technical, leadership and entrepreneurial skills in line with tomorrow’s industry’s trends and requirements
• Promote an international outlook whilst embracing differences between local and foreign cultures.
• Promote professional development through lifelong learning opportunities for all levels within society
• Perform and solicit practices which are ethically correct and environmentally friendly.
• Individually guide, mentor and holistically develop our student