Duration: 12 Months
Functions and roles of the housekeeping personnel; room decoration and maintenance; personnel
work scheduling; fundamental knowledge of materials and cleaning-washing chemicals, laundry
equipment and laundry procedures
- To understand the role and responsibilities of housekeeping department in the hotel and other accommodations.
- To familiar with the positions, job descriptions and tasks of each position in housekeeping and laundry operation.
- Can prepare the budget for housekeeping department; calculate the staff requirement guestroom supplies, linen and uniform.
- Have the knowledge of cleaning chemical, equipments, cleaning techniques required for public areas, guestrooms and specific areas.
- Have the knowledge of fabrics, linen used in the hotel and select the suitable uniform for the hotel staff.
- Prepare inventory for equipments, linen and uniform.
- Have the knowledge of floor maintenance.
- Be familiar with laundry operation, hotel laundry and guest laundry.
- Understand the concept of safety and security in the housekeeping operation.
- Cruise Lines
- Room Service
- Ferry Attendant